Old May 2nd 09, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Resonance and equilibrium

On May 1, 5:54*pm, Richard Clark wrote:
On Fri, 01 May 2009 22:37:24 GMT, "Dave" wrote:
I'll make it easy, 10 degree beamwidth and 30MHz bandwidth.

At how many GHz?

The problems of poor reporting are creeping into the lack of specific
questions.

An example:
Inventor
* * * * I have this patent that proves my technology.
Questioner
* * * * It shows the reflector is smaller than the driven element;
* * * * it shows the director is larger than the driven element;
* * * * Does this prove the Yagi no longer works?
Inventor
* * * * [silence/mumbling/outrage] I didn't come here for ad hominem!

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

A reflector can be shorter or longer than the driven element in planar
designs especially Yagis with two reflectors. Shakesphere should have
told you that !
David, the antenna covers the distance covered by a mfj 259 b which is
1.7 to around
175 mega hz. Obviously it therefore has no limits above .Below I
cannot measure unless I modify my radio outside the amateur bands, ie
reflect swr outside the ham bands. Beam widths I can't determine as I
do not have enough segments available on my optimizer program . But I
believe that can be accomplished.
Check out the SK list regularly as I may leave the answer in my will
if it mentions you.
Art