Old May 2nd 09, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default TS-450S output reduced

Hi

This is VU2YK.

Last week I used my TS-450S and it was in perfect working condition.
Amazing receiver and get unsolicited comments about nice TX audio
with stock mic. The lightning fast relayless Rx/Tx switching is
noiseless and any CW Ops delight. Full 100 watts out on all HF bands.

Yesterday I switched on the rig, and shock and awe ! Output power
reduced to 20 watts ! All else remains same. Low SWR, Power supply
rock steady. ALC indicator does not move, indicating some problem
inside. I did not touch the rig in the last few days.

The important symptoms are :

1. NO ALC movement of meter
2. Power output down to 20 W on 20 M, low on other bands
3. Shack temp had become very hot last few days. Day temp in shade is
40 degrees C plus.
4.I checked all power and antenna cable connections. Receive is 100 %
OK and power cable are clean. SWR is 1:1

Will appreciate any help in diagnosing and rectifying the problem.
Thanks !

73

Rahul
VU2YK
New Delhi

Just a Note here, I run a TS-690, which is the same basic Radio with a 6
Meter extension... Look at the second Knob in on the lower lefthand
corner of the Front Panel, at the Knob called PWR. It should be fully
Clockwise, to get Max Power Out......

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply