Old May 3rd 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default OMG! Pete Seeger turns 90 today!

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Drifter wrote:

I'm suddenly feeling really old.

http://www.seeger90.com/

and what a line up.
A fine old leftist! Former (perhaps) member of the Communist Party!

So, Ace, your saying you didn't like his folksy type music?

It's OK I suppose, but when I hear it, I'm always mindful that he's a
Commie/Leftist!

Your right, about him being on the left. i was just commenting
on his age. i liked the folk stuff back then. now, about the
only folk i still listen to is Peter Paul and Mary. different
times, and different ideas. and, with the life style he led, i
wonder how many of us will reach 90?

Seems as though the folks at the BBC were/are enthralled with him. I heard
several program bits on our local area's NPR overnight relay. WVGR 104.1,
typically runs BBC 10 PM to 5 AM ET daily.

dxAce
Michigan
USA