Old May 4th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default HCJB Stuff

On May 3, 6:32�pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:

Voice of the Andes was like WWV to me,
another beacon of a signal,
always used as a reference on the drifty old analog dial.

Yeah, Bob, I think it was the first station I heard when my parents
gave me my first SW portable back 1967. HCJB English religious
programming was the strongest signal, as I remember. It was enough to
really stoke my curiosity. I found a DX column in some popular tech
magazine at the library and was ordering my first WRTH from Gilfer by
1968.

Listening to HCJB's current limited lineup of Spanish (along with some
Portuguese and German) programming just isn't the same.

Like Steve, I think some of the old pennants would be really cool.

Mike