Old May 5th 09, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default Station With Center-Fed Dipole - Best Grounding Technique?

Cecil Moore wrote:
dave wrote:
Since we are sticklers for the NEC, Homey needs a #6 wire from where
the transmission line enters the dwelling to an 8' copper clad rod
driven into the earth, as close as practicable.

What if it is 1/4WL long?

The NEC cares not one whit for RF performance. The NEC rules are
designed to keep the house from burning down or people dying if
something happens: like a power line falling on the antenna. I read a
quoted statistic (for which I can't find the original source, so it
might not be trustable) that electrocution is the leading cause of death
in connection with antennas.