Old May 6th 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
noname[_3_] noname[_3_] is offline

Default Station With Center-Fed Dipole - Best Grounding Technique?

Richard Clark wrote:

Hi Stewart,

The answer to that is driven by the perceived problem. In a
nutshell, if you don't have a problem, you don't need the
balun (or choke).

Knowing that you have a problem is another matter; but if
you don't know what the problem is (the perception), you
wouldn't know if it got fixed either.

Wow, your messages get more cryptic as they go along. I thought the
very first message made it clear I'm not trying to fix a specific
problem, but instead trying to head off some of the more common
problems associated with a setup like this.

Again, this is an entirely a new setup which has not been installed
yet. What I'm seeking here is some input on the best way to do that.
I'm fairly familiar with the basics of dipole antennas, but hoping for
some solid advice from those with a lot more experience than my own.

stewart / w5net