Old May 6th 09, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Station With Center-Fed Dipole - Best Grounding Technique?

On Wed, 06 May 2009 02:55:54 +0200, noname wrote:

Richard Clark wrote:

Hi Stewart,

The answer to that is driven by the perceived problem.

I'm not trying to fix a specific problem

Then there's no reason to fix imagined ones.

Again, this is an entirely a new setup which has not been installed
yet.

Grounding has been covered, but, likely as not, you will have more
problems there than anything over the air.

As for antennas, I've read the advice offered to you by MFJ. Belts
and suspenders kind of stuff, but that is the level of advice you can
expect until you discover something wrong. Do everything suggested,
and then do it again at different places. [Cryptic as it seems,
eventually this lesson will emerge from the reams of advice.]

You ask to prevent problems and I have pointed out they are only
problems if you think (or get burnt when) they are. A bajillion
operators live lives of happy operation with none of those "solutions"
in place. Fix their "problems" and likely as not, nothing will get
noticeably better, could eliminate some former contacts, and only make
them grumpy about engineers crimping their fun.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC