Old May 6th 09, 08:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Station With Center-Fed Dipole - Best Grounding Technique?

Tom Ring wrote:

Well, I'm not going to argue with someone who thinks that placing a
balun between an unbalanced feed and a balanced load could ever possibly
do more harm than good.

That's because you are calling it a dipole and assuming it is a balanced
antenna. In reality, it's a quarter wave sideways vertical wire antenna, with
a single quarter wave radial at the feed point.

See, now it all makes sense. :-)

Or a quarter wave end fed horizontal antenna with a single tuned feed
point radial.

Not only that, I wonder if I can patent them, and sell them via a web site
for big bucks.

Geoff.