Old May 6th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Lux Jim Lux is offline

Default Station With Center-Fed Dipole - Best Grounding Technique?

Jon Kåre Hellan LA4RT wrote:
Jim Lux writes:

dave wrote:
Jim Lux wrote:

Do you use a balun at the antenna
feedpoint? How do you tune the inverted-V?
Good RF chokes on the coax at the feedpoint and at the point of
entry would go a long way to eliminating any "RF in the shack"
problems. A couple 2.4" 31 mix cores with half a dozen turns on
them, for instance.

Whether the V is tuned or not won't have any effect on RFI or grounding.
A BalUn would help a lot.

Balun/choke.. tomato, tomato.. they're really all the same thing.
Keep the RF off the outside of the coax.

Since we are sticklers for the NEC, Homey needs a #6 wire from where
the transmission line enters the dwelling to an 8' copper clad rod
driven into the earth, as close as practicable.

Turns out he's located in Germany, so U.S. codes aren't particularly
relevant. If anything, German codes are probably stricter. But almost
certainly different.

Jon LA4RT

Yes indeed. It's not like there's any universal consistency in the U.S.
either.

I recommend IEEE Std 1100 for people who really care. (and it is an
international standard, so it addresses most of the regulatory issues
regardless of location)