Old May 10th 09, 11:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Be careful when using Excel

On May 8, 12:36*pm, "Antonio Vernucci" wrote:
I think this message can be of interest for those using Excel for antenna
calculations.

Write in one cell: *=(-A1^2 + 8) * Note: the exponent of A1 is 2 (and not
2+8=10) because Excel performs squaring before summing

Write in another cell: *=(8 - A1^2)

They look pretty much the same

But give A1 any non-zero value and see what happen.

73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

Computer Science 101 taught me that various computer compilers do not
always handle complex equations as I would expect and to break
equations down into steps using multiple lines of code. Compilers dont
even follow basic rules of mathmatics, if they did you would never be
able to code a = a + 1. They allow the programer to ASSIGN values to
variables and it is up to the programer to follow the rules.

Jimmie