Old May 11th 09, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Be careful when using Excel

On Sat, 09 May 2009 19:32:57 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

I beg to differ. Microsoft bashing seems to be the national sport in
computers.

It wasn't a sport that was invented for Microsoft, however. They came
by it honestly.

Yet, they're the most successful computah company in
history.

Arthur Anderson had the same reputation for bookkeeping; GM for
building cars; GOP for ... well that's Noah's flood under the bridge.

In addition, they did it without any ties to proprietary
hardware.

Never heard of the IBM PC?

They must be doing something right.

This would only provoke the enumeration of companies listed above.

In my never humble opinion, 99% or more of what MS releases is done
correctly and works well. The 1% that doesn't is what we're all
complaining about.

99% is actually pretty abysmal. Ma Bell could rightfully claim 5 9s
(99.999%) for service generations ago. Software bugs that 1% of your
user base encounters are evidence of incredible sloppiness.

Having to guess (before you break the seal) which 1% is broken is like
playing Russian roulette ever day for a year - and hoping to live to
Christmas.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC