Old May 12th 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Blake Blake is offline

Default FRG 7700 repair

I have an FRG7700 I bought in the 80s and had mechanical filters added
by a company in San Diego, so the whole thing cost around $1000
dollars by the time all the gadgets were added in... back when I had a
job that paid well. ... not long afterward, the connections were loose
instead of bothering to send it back to pay more to have it fixed
again, I got out the soldering iron and periodically heated up the
connection... Ooops... one night I left the iron on too long one of
those burning plastic/capacitor smells fumed out, and the Frog doesn't
work any more.
I live in the San Francisco bay area... does anyone know of someone
good and experienced who might be able to fix the radio? Jeez I sure
miss it. ... didn't have the luxury cash to get it fixed until
recently.