Old October 13th 03, 02:05 PM
Paul Burridge

Default Dumb question 'bout signal routing (RF)

Hi,

Let's say I'm trouble-shooting a circuit board with several stages of
RF amplification in addition to a primary source in the form of a
VCXO. I'd like to be able to bypass certain parts of the signal path
by the use of a jumper wire. This wire may need to be up to 4 inches
in length to have sufficient reach between stages. Can anyone see a
problem with this? I mean, rather than a single wire, should I use
some sort of grounded outer lead like coax to carry the signal?

at HF
at VHF
at UHF
--

"Windows [n.], A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch
to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit