Old May 17th 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
PocketRadio PocketRadio is offline

Default Eduardo - help me get this straight.....

On May 16, 8:29�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

In previous groups you've agreed that AM hd is, in your words,
"dreadful". �You've also made many other negative leaning statements
concerning iBiquity digital but we won't go into these right now.

Now that you've made your real feelings public, how can you defend
digital radio at all in its current dismal state? � Really Eduardo,
you seem to be playing both sides as it suits you. �Have I missed
something?

FM HD sounds good, and has practical applications such as narrowcasting,
ethnic services, etc. And it really does not interfere with any other usable
service... so why not let it continue? It's likely that the recession has
reduced or eliminated HD's chances of long term viability, but it does not
hurt to leave it on.

So do analog FM's SCA services and FMeXtra - HD Radio is a farce, and
is only meant to jam adjacents.