Old May 17th 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Białek Szczepan Białek is offline

Default Frequency doubling

"Richard Clark" wrote
On Sun, 17 May 2009 11:56:42 +0200, Szczepan Bia?ek
wrote:

So why do you post here?

Here are experts.

Ah! and by posting here, you become first among equals.

I hope I will be able to do as Bill Miller advice me:
" So I have the question to both of you. I have read about the acoustic
analogy. The antennas (halve wave) and loudspeakers have the same
directional pattern. Does it means that the electric waves are like the
acoustic?
S*

In that they are both waves-- yes.

Acoustic waves are longitudinal. Electric (and magnetic) waves are (almost
always) transverse.

You may want to ask your question again as a separate topic. Maybe you will
be fortunate to launch a thread as long as that from the simple (earlier)
question about how an EM wave propagates.

THAT one went on fo quite a while and almost initiated a few fist fights!

Bill " (from sci.physics.electromag).
S*

Stephan, you are simply trolling and that is why you are here.

You too serious. Science is very funny.
S*