Old May 17th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
PocketRadio PocketRadio is offline

Default Eduardo - The window of opportunity never was for iBiquity

On May 17, 12:46*pm, wrote:
To Blame the demise of iBiquity digital radio on the economy is
disingenuous. It never got off the ground - even in previously better
times. *The window of opportunity never was. *Economic status has
little to do with it but now you have a convenient out, don’t you.
Automakers and electronics manufacturers have always been reluctant,
for good reason – consumers don’t want it. *Why would any manufacture
invest developmental dollars on such an unwanted scheme? *Sony lost
millions on it before the economy tanked. Using the economy for an
excuse is bogus. And that’s part of the problem – proponents of
iBiquity digital radio can’t seem to understand or even tell the
truth. *(I don’t like to refer to it as “HD Radio” as that gives it an
undeserving credibility.)

Struble is so dumb that he surveyed people to see what they were
thinking. *But he was really attempting to find a way to exploit his
defective digital radio scheme. The purpose of a survey is to
ultimately give people what they want - not find a way to force-feed a
product on consumers. * I’m sure the survey backfired on him.

Ibiquity has slanted statistics in its favor for years. *Struble made
a claimed a year back that he was “converting” stations a rate of one
per day coercing the radio world into thinking his digital radio
scheme was a done deal – this is the standard - get on board or else.
Radios with low powered do-everything-chips never materialized thus
(to his major irritation) he couldn’t force-feed his scheme into cell
phones and other devices. *His comparison of iBiquity digital radio to
the early days of FM is just plain manipulation to those of us who
understand radio and its history. *These statements and false claims
and other tactics made him look foolish as well arrogant to us little
people.

People do Internet searches for information on products and services.
It can make or break you. Therefore, I’m doing my small part helping
the World understand that iBiquity is a bad company and digital radio
is a bad deal.

"Is HD Radio Toast?"

"The article offers few new insights, but is worth reading just for
the comments of those who posted replies. The majority of posts are
highly critical and even vitriolic about HD Radio. It is dismissed as
a scam and a rip-off."

http://tinyurl.com/r5rsb6

And, comments do get noticed - LOL!