Old May 18th 09, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rollie Rollie is offline

Default Maximum Antenna Height on a Vehicle

13'6" sounds close. If I needed to know I'd check the maximum height of a
semi-trailer on the hiways and it's probably a standard for a least 48
states.

"Al Lorona" wrote in message
I have always heard that "13 feet, 6 inches" is a standard for the maximum
height of an antenna mounted on a vehicle.

However, I cannot find a credible source on the web verifying this "fact".
NHTSA, DOT, don't seem to have such an antenna regulation on their
respective web sites. I am not the most skillful user of Google, but my
searches have sure not turned up a reference to this magic number on any
authoritative site. Perhaps there is no national standard, only 50
separate state standards, and the state with the lowest height limit would
then become the 'national standard'??