Old October 14th 03, 08:02 PM
John Fields

On 14 Oct 2003 11:38:29 -0700, (Diego Stutzer)
wrote:

Hi,
Well, I'm really confused.
I simulate a simple serial R-C-L-Network (all in series).

As far as I know the total (input-)Impedance of the network is:
Z = R + jwL - j/(wC) resp. the resonance frequency (where Zin=R) is
1/sqrt(L*C).
At resonance frequency, the Impedance should be real and therefore in
my hummel opinion Voltage and Current schould be in phase.

The funny thing is, when i build up such a network in Schematics
(Cadence PSD 14.1/Orcad 9.2) and simulate it with the PSpice A/D
Simulator, the current is displaced (relative to the voltage) about
lambda/4 - obviously not in phase!?

Can anyone tell my where I made a mistake?

---

1
2pi(sqrt(LC))

--