Old May 19th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Maximum Antenna Height on a Vehicle

On Mon, 18 May 2009 11:09:13 -0700, Al Lorona wrote:

Thinking about it some more, perhaps the limiting factor becomes not
bridges and overpasses, but fast food drive-thrus and gas station
roofs.

I can still remember my dad (the first W3DHJ) telling the story of the
night back in 1952 when he had to buy seven 8' fluorescent lamps at a
gas station somewhere outside Pasco, Wash.

The maximum height for _my_ mobile antennas is 7' 1". My garage
door is at 7' 2" and I know someday I'll blissfully drive into
the garage someday with the 6M Halo mounted.

Jonesy W3DHJ
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux