Old May 19th 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Maximum Antenna Height on a Vehicle

On May 18, 9:18*pm, Allodoxaphobia wrote:
On Mon, 18 May 2009 11:09:13 -0700, Al Lorona wrote:
Thinking about it some more, perhaps the limiting factor becomes not
bridges and overpasses, but fast food drive-thrus and gas station
roofs.

I can still remember my dad (the first W3DHJ) telling the story of the
night back in 1952 when he had to buy seven 8' fluorescent lamps at a
gas station somewhere outside Pasco, Wash.

The maximum height for _my_ mobile antennas is 7' 1". *My garage
door is at 7' 2" and I know someday I'll blissfully drive into
the garage someday with the 6M Halo mounted.

Jonesy W3DHJ
--
* Marvin L Jones * *| jonz * * * * *| W3DHJ *| linux
* *38.24N *104.55W *| *@ config.com | Jonesy | *OS/2

I did that atanold abandoned gas station one night when I oulled under
the canopy to get out of a storm. It didnt look like I was the first
to do it.

Jimmie