Old May 19th 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
none none is offline

Default (OT) Earthquake in LA--5.0

wrote:
Calif. Quake Renews Worries About Destructive Newport - Inglewood Fault.
www.standeyo.com/index1.html

Did you know part of Long Beach,California is below Sea Level? I have
known that for years.
There is a Long Beach,Mississippi too, but mostly the big worries there
would be if a Hurricane is headin thataway.
cuhulin

We worry more Tsunami than hurricanes. A lot of the west side is right
at sea level. Occasionally a high tide will swamp the neighborhoods by
the beach. The sea level rise associated with global warming will do
billions in damage here.