Old May 23rd 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
PocketRadio PocketRadio is offline

Default "iBiquity approved". Really, what a joke

On May 23, 9:57�am, wrote:
Struble - One of the reasons why your crap digital radio is crashing
and burning is because you have to "approved" it as manufacturer.
Imagine that.

And then you make a big deal about it! As if it's a real big honor to
be �"iBiquity approved". �Really, what a joke.

Ill bet most manufacturers don't want to go through the trouble of
being "approved" by you. (Especially since no one wants it anyway -
why bother) Think about it.

I know it's software and firmware driven but it's still just radio
trashbag. �No matter how many tricks it can do it's still essentially
radio.

I "approve" of this message.

"HD Radio: Still low in priority at stores"

"I visited a Best Buy the other day, and while I was there I stopped
in the auto sound department. He took me to the display wall and
showed me the one unit that had HD Radio built in. It was a model from
JVC. He said that others were HD Radio ready, but they all required an
expensive interface to add HD Radio."

http://tinyurl.com/chb3rg

"Is HD Radio going to be killed by manufacturers' desire to keep it a
premium-priced upgrade?"

"I just embarked on my twice-per-year online shopping trip to see if
it's time to upgrade my car stereo to HD. Saw a sudden shift to car
radios now being 'HD-Ready' instead of HD for a number of radios. This
appears to require the purchase and professional installation of a
separate, compatible unit. Anyone know why this appears to be a sudden
new direction and what this might mean for the future of HD radio?"

http://tinyurl.com/6rbj7y

Most of what iBiquity claims is a bluff - the move is awa from "HD" to
jsut "HD Ready", as manufacturers have been burned. How could iBiquity
have scammed Sanyo? Yea, and these suckers get to pay iBiquity the
right to build IBIQUITY's products, but retailers just then pass the
licensing costs onto consumers:

"RadioShack's Inadequate Accurian"

"Instead of developing a radio capable of superior sound quality, I'm
guessing that RadioShack paid iBiquity a fortune for the license,
cheaply put together a subpar product, and passed the licensing cost
on to consumers."

http://tinyurl.com/qu9zdw

"The ongoing tragedy of HD radio"

"Supposedly, it costs a manufacturer about $50 to implant an iBiquity
HD chip into a radio, thus transforming it into an HD radio. That $50
(or so) is the fee the manufacturer pays to iBiquity. The actual cost
of this technology is, of course, likely to be a few dollars at most."

http://www.hear2.com/2007/10/the-ongoing-tra.html

Bob Struble and his HD Radio are a fraud.