Old May 24th 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jgboyles@aol.com is offline

Default Correct way to specify impedance range

On May 23, 5:32�pm, "Rollie" wrote:
Impedance is the product of inductive and capacitive reactance in a AC
circuit

Resistance is the load in a DC circuit.

I think impedance has a different affect at different frequencies.....

Please correct me if I got all my theory wrong.

Rollie

Simply put, impedance is frequency dependent, resistance is not.
Thats why it is hard to specify a resistance or impedance range for a
tuner. Our antennas are frequency dependent because a 50 ohm match
is required no matter what frequency we transmit.

Gary N4AST