Old May 24th 09, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
k3hvg k3hvg is offline

Default BC-348 Info Request

I've been around the block several times with the BC-348-series of
receivers and understand the B- setup. I picked up, today, a very nice
"R" model that works, albeit the power transformer is woefully weak for
the job. The issue I have is that someone made some mods that I'm
trying to buzz out and/or understand if this they are non-issues, in the
end. Specifically, as far as I've been able to determine, the P.S. B-
now goes to ground. The choke that used to keep B- off ground for bias
for the 6V6 has been taken out of the circuit. The bias B- series bias
resistors 66 and 63-4 now go to ground at the B- end of 63-4. Was this
an alternative mod way back when? If I'm chasing ghosts, I'll be happy
to stop the hunt....
Tnx for any insights.

de K3HVG