Old May 24th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default "iBiquity approved". Really, what a joke

David Eduardo wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"dave" wrote in message
m...
friend's ipod with commercials wrote:

Even 6,000 watts of Fm in stereo is scratchy..

Oooh; don't tell these guys:

http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine....DNumber=264236

HAAT of the antenna structure makes a lot more difference than EIRP.

True to some extent. I was involved with a station in the LA area
that had 500 watts at over 1000 feet, HAAT, and about 2000 feet over
the LA Basin. What we had was a bad signal over a very large area,

That sounds like multipath in the RF plumbing. Did you tune for
minimum Synchronous AM?

Every necessary step was taken... including a rebuild on Johnstone when
the station was purchased. This was simply a case of too little power,
although it theoretically covered a great distance. The power was just
not enough anywhere to penetrate homes and buildings.

Where was the beam tilt aimed?