Old May 25th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Grundig G4 nightmare

"m II" wrote in message ...
Telamon wrote:

Maybe connecting it to the computer is the way to go. See computer
limitations.

http://www.passband.com/grundig-g4-introduced-dropped/

You might want to read some of the feedback at the bottom of the page.

Not too much in the way of praise. I can see why it's been discontinued.
The computer connection allows transfer of sound files only. The radio
can record only in .wav format but plays both .wav and .mp3 . Sad.

The input from the buttons while in 'sound' mode takes up to thirty
seconds to take effect. The Chinese have obviously found a way to slow
down the speed of electricity. They obviously counterfeited the laws of
physics incorrectly.

My purchase price was a very low 40$ Canadian, so it doesn't hurt as
much as a brand new one would have.

I will make an effort to learn the controls and give it a fair shake. A
decently designed radio, on the other hand, would be a lot more intuitive.

If you decide you really don't like it, I'll at least give you what you paid
for it.