Old May 25th 09, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
You You is offline

Default ATU: Correct way to specify impedance range

In article
,
ve2pid wrote:

I think we were the first company to ever publish tuning specs for
autotuners
and I happen to choose polar that day, so that's what everyone else
uses now for
autotuners.

Unless you published your specs over 20 years ago, Motorola was the
first one to publish Tuning Range Specs, for their Second Generation
Autotuner, back when Bill Shielb was Chief Engineer for the MF/HF SSB
Engineering Group......

Most of the Modern Day Binary Lumped Constant AutoTuners are based on
his work at Motorola, which he brought out west, when he came to
Northern Radio Co., and then finally to Berlonix Corp. The SEA-1600
by SEA, (Stephens Engineering Assoc.) was a reverse engineered AutoTuner
based on Bills work, done my Mark Johnson and Bill Forgey at SEA, but
with a much improved Microprocessor Control algorithm, Phase and Power
Sensors, and spawned a long Series of SEA16xx Autotuners, of which the
SEA1612B was the most recognized, and the SGC Tuners were copies.