Old May 26th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Loop antenna matching question

I'm starting up an old project that I never quite finished - my loop
antenna.

When I first put it together, I tried a simple loop of coax to couple
the radio to the loop. Was never really satisfied with that though.

I'm wanting to try a gamma match, possibly something a little like what
Owen Duffy posted a nice version of.

The Gamma match is fairly understandable to me, and I expect it to work
well.

What I am wondering about is in the coax loop coupling system, how is
the best match obtained? Loop size? orientation? Luck?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -