Old May 27th 09, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] feemur@gmail.com is offline

Default Anyone listen to Voice of Korea yesterday (25 May)?

On May 26, 12:09*pm, wrote:
I was actually toying with the idea but decided to spend the morning
reading, so I missed listening on what turned out to be a big news day
for North Korea.

Not that it may have made any difference -- I just finished listening
to today's 1500 UTC broadcast (comes in good and strong here in the
Pacific Northwest on 9335 kHz), and the only mention of nuclear
weaponry at all was in a propaganda piece that claimed their army was
(amongst other things) "stronger than an atomic bomb".

It all makes one suspect domestic considerations (i.e. desire to
impress the "Great Leader") instead of foreign ones might have been
behind the recent nuclear test. We're talking about what is probably
the world's most isolated and inward-looking country, after all.

Did anyone happen to catch yesterday's broadcast? Did they make any
mention of the test on it?

--
David Barts
Portland, OR

any idea how to hear this broadcast online?