Old October 16th 03, 11:54 AM
Scott

You might try using the schmitt trigger chip instead of an inverter.
Schmitt triggers are made for the purpose you are using the 7404 for. Can't
remember the 74XX number off hand, but a look through a Digi-Key catalog or
Mouser catalog will reveal it. Good luck with the project...

Scott
N0EDV
Tech by day, University student by night.
Fly by day, fly by night

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message

Hi chaps,

Heading sums it up. I'm using a 74HC04 to 'square-off' a sine wave,
but it's causing a fair amount of ringing on the output signal's highs
and lows which appears to be finding its way through to the eventual
final stage. How do I best eliminate (or at least drastically reduce)
this nuisance? The square wave frequency is 8Mhz., btw.

Thanks,

p.
--

"Windows [n.], A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit

patch
to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a

four bit
microprocessor and produced by a two bit company."