Old May 29th 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Loop antenna matching question

Michael Coslo wrote in news:gvju7l$n034$4
@tr22n12.aset.psu.edu:

Owen Duffy wrote:

Mike, you haven't given much information about the loop (size,
frequency). Is loop balance / symmetry important?

Oops, I didn't mention anything about symmetry in that post.

Probably because I'm not sure how important it might be. So if it is an
issue, I'm all ears!

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Mike, the symmetry issue is about whether you want the deepest nulls. A
gamma match is not likely to give you the best symmetry and hence the
deepest nulls.

You are talking about a smallish loop, and without modelling it, I wonder
if the gamma feed is as efficient say, as a inner feed loop.

You have gone to a lot of trouble to keep losses in the loop down, it
would be a pity to compromise it too much with the feed system.

Owen