Old May 29th 09, 09:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
LAB LAB is offline

Default Tube and Twin lead Slim Jim

Hi all,

I have tried the Slim Jim antenna on the 2m. I used a 1/4" copper tube,
antenna is very good. Then I made another one using 300 Ohm TV clear twin
lead, but SWR is very high and it seems to be not adjustable to the same 1:1
of the first antenna. Why? Does anyone know where is the problem? Could be
the clear cable plastic not good for the application?

I have looked for black ladder twin lead, but I found it only online in
very long reels and with expensive shipping charges for Roma, Italy.

Thx
--
Gianluca