Old May 29th 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Loop antenna matching question

Owen Duffy wrote:
Michael Coslo wrote in news:gvju7l$n034$4

Oops, I didn't mention anything about symmetry in that post.

Probably because I'm not sure how important it might be. So if it is an
issue, I'm all ears!

Mike, the symmetry issue is about whether you want the deepest nulls. A
gamma match is not likely to give you the best symmetry and hence the
deepest nulls.

You are talking about a smallish loop, and without modelling it, I wonder
if the gamma feed is as efficient say, as a inner feed loop.

You have gone to a lot of trouble to keep losses in the loop down, it
would be a pity to compromise it too much with the feed system.

I'm following you here, Owen. I'll put together an inner feed loop and
give that a shot. I was looking at the magloop thread you were in on
eHam from a little over a year ago. Some good info there.

I was thinking about using copper tubing for the loop, but with the area
being a variable, I'm considering using something more flexible. Or
maybe finding out the area by experimentation, then going with a final
loop area in a neater form.

Thanks much!

- 73 de Mike N3LI -