Old May 31st 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Loop antenna matching question

On Sat, 30 May 2009 21:54:44 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

Reg did leave us a calculator for this problem (MAGLOOP4)

Hi Owen,

but without
(AFAIK) documentation of the method used.

Hence my statement of his work being buried in his banter in this
group. Using MAGLOOP as a keyword might help uncover some of his
narrative documentation.

MAGLOOP4 comes up with slightly
different figures to my NEC model, slightly higher loss, slightly lower
main loop // Z, slightly larger feed loop.

Which by several methods hews closely to a common answer (and by far
better accuracy than most guesses).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC