Old May 31st 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Usual Suspect Usual Suspect is offline

Default "Panel" style UHF DTV antenna?

WInegard makes an antenna-in-a-box, the SS-1000 which lists ~4 db gain over
the UHF TV range:

http://tinyurl.com/nqpzm2

I must say at the outset that I am hesitant to buy an antenna based on its
form-factor, but I'm forced by the local code to not display bare-element
type antennae on the mast.

I do like the panel style for the reason that I can arrange 3 around a common
mast, aimed at remote cities, and join the outputs for increased coverage.

Has anyone experience with the SS-1000? Or can recommend a similar style
antenna?

Thanks.
--
Al, the usual