Old May 31st 09, 06:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default "Panel" style UHF DTV antenna?

On May 30, 5:28*pm, Usual Suspect wrote:
WInegard makes an antenna-in-a-box, the SS-1000 which lists ~4 db

gain over
the UHF TV range:

http://tinyurl.com/nqpzm2

I must say at the outset that I am hesitant to buy an antenna based

on its
form-factor, but I'm forced by the local code to not display bare-

element
type antennae on the mast.

I do like the panel style for the reason that I can arrange 3

around a common
mast, aimed at remote cities, and join the outputs for increased

coverage.

Has anyone experience with the SS-1000? Or can recommend a similar

style
antenna?

Thanks.
--
Al, the usual

I've had one on the roof since Dec 2004 in 90274 35 miles from Mt
Wilson split 4 ways with no preamps. It's a fine little UHF antenna
and while they say it can do upper VHF, I have serious doubts. I'll
find out for certain in 2 weeks.