Old June 1st 09, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default "Panel" style UHF DTV antenna?

"Gordon" wrote in message
raypsi wrote in news:eedf031f-c023-4a15-abea-
:

Then there is mine...

http://mysite.verizon.net/g_reeder/C...V_antenna.html

Hi, Gordon,

I recall when you introduced your neat handiwork to the group. I meant
to ask a question:

Did you ever try connecting each of the antennas' twin lead to its own
separate balun and combine the 75-ohm sides of the baluns into a single
coax? A passive splitter, connected backwards, performs this function
nicely.

I ask because, as you have your antenna wired (two antennas in parallel
to a single balun) looks like an impedance mismatch; the balun wants a
300-ohm connection to the two screws and two 300-ohm antennas at the same
time would be 150-ohms. I think you previously said you are not a techie,
so forgive me if I'm using terms you don't know.

Not being one to argue with success, if you tried it and it wasn't any
better, then more power to you. Rock on!

"Sal"

PS: For my fellow techies: Yes, I realize the 300-ohm figure for a bowtie
is nominal and the actual impedance will differ from that figure.
Paralleling the two antennas could be superior.