Old June 1st 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default "Large" volume antenna

I have just made a larger than usual antenna that radiates well below
the broadcast band so I may study generated radiation patterns. The
antenna
is on a structure that rotates as well as a tipping action, all about
4 feet above the ground. Initially I will just listen to signal
variences when aim and tilt is in the best position. I recognise that
I may have to put a digital meter across the S meter terminals
together with a holding capacitor but for the moment I will be guided
by the S meter. On the upper frequencies I will hook up to a TV for a
visual. SWR readings will be initially recorded
across all frequencies in the horizontal position to be used as a
datum
which certainly be required as shielding is added in the near future.
Comments?
Regards
Art