Old October 18th 03, 06:31 PM
NetSurfers

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:59:55 -0000, (gudmundur)
wrote:

Did radar operators fall under 'radioman' rate, or was there a 'radarman'
rating? I don't see it as a separate specialty anymore. Is it now in the
'information technologist' rating?

What letters would have been on a Chief's name badge?

Such as

RMCPO K. Smith

or would it be more like

RMC K. Smith

Full first and last name, or just first initial?

Thanks for your help, and also your service to our country.

Hi,

Judging by the responses I read t your initial post, its clear that
things changed over the years.

I was on active duty on a baby tin can, i.e., DE-644, a Destroyer
Escort in the pacific between 1956 and 1958. During that time period
there were Radiomen, Fire Control Radar technicians, and ET's
(Electronic Technicians). We didn't have any Radarmen on board. It was
customary for the ET's to "sit" at the radars during general quarters
or at watch while underway.

Jim

ex K6DGX / W6FHF

The Worlds Uncensored News Source