Old June 2nd 09, 06:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default SWR variation with feedline length

The Bird actually measures a combination of capacitive coupled voltage and
inductively coupled current. There is a app note on the Bird website.
Find: "Straight Talk About Directivity".

Thanks for pinpointing that nice document.

However the document dwells on the directivity of the meter, and I could not
find there any mention of the impedance tolerance issue I had raised.

73

Tony I0JX