Old June 2nd 09, 08:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Tube and Twin lead Slim Jim

"JIMMIE" wrote in message

snip

Dave,That was my thoughts on it also. Two wires
very close togethether with in phase and more or
less equal currents just adds up to a fatter
wire.

Not a fatter wire with twice the current?

Recall the colinear J-pole, The two currents are stacked and fed in phase
by means of the phasing section. Yes, I realize the currents in the Slim
Jim would appear to cancel.

I'm going to have to build one of these and see what it does. I have a lot
of twinlead and I have a precision RF generator. I always wanted my own
antenna range; tomorrow's the day. Maybe Tuesday.