Old June 2nd 09, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill M[_2_] Bill M[_2_] is offline

Default neutralizing new tubes

Will wrote:

Thanks for your input and everyone elses replies. I did a google search and
came up with this URL http://www.k4eaa.com/faq.htm

It was extremely helpful and it gave me a better idea of what I need to get
back on the air. Problem now is I don't own a dummy load or RF
millivoltmeter so til then I guess I'll be off the air . This sux.

I do it the poor man's way. Watch an output meter and the plate current
meter simultaneously. Key down and see if the dip on the plate
corresponds with max output.

If not, budge the neut. cap slightly and repeat again. Keep the drive
down so that you don't screw up a new set of tubes.

-Bill