Old June 4th 09, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J.B. Wood J.B. Wood is offline

Default Hexbeam Antenna Modeling

wrote:

I try to avoid exagerated claims for the design - at the end of the
day it's a "compressed" Yagi and performs as such. But it does provide
useful directivity over the five bands 20m thru 10m, with a single
feedline, in a size which suits those of us that don't have a lot of
space. It's also pretty easy to construct from readily-available
materials, although a number of folk now supply complete kits,
including K4KIO and more recently DX Engineering.

73,
Steve G3TXQ

Thanks for the reply, Steve. As for exaggerated claims, I'd have to
give the award to the designers of (and explainers of the "theory"
behind) the Crossed-Field Antenna (CFA). (Of course the CFA has been
the subject of numerous antenneX articles but I'm not placing yours in
that group!) 73s,