Old June 4th 09, 10:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Lucas Mike Lucas is offline

Default Hexbeam Antenna Modeling

"J.B. Wood" wrote :
Thanks for the reply, Steve. As for exaggerated claims, I'd have to give
the award to the designers of (and explainers of the "theory" behind) the
Crossed-Field Antenna (CFA). (Of course the CFA has been the subject of
numerous antenneX articles but I'm not placing yours in that group!) 73s,

I guess that you haven't seen info provided by Art on his shoe-box
sized 160M thru whatever antenna that has +9 db gain, and a pencil-thin beam
of radiated particles. Art's technical expertise beats the crap out of the
CFA
guys, as HE (Art) improves on Maxwell's and Gauss' equations, too. And all
of this from a retired mechanical engineer, working in his backyard!

Mike W5CHR
Memphis