Old June 4th 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Art Harris Art Harris is offline

Default First shortwave radio questions?

elfa wrote:

The same question from me. *I live in San Francisco bay area. *I have a Sony
2010. *My antenna is a wire connected to my metal gutter. *Stopped listening
when the BBC stopped broadcasting to US.

I'm looking for a reason to listen to SW again but need some help with time/freq
of English speaking stations.

Yes, it's not as much fun as it used to be, especially with the poor
propagation, many long-time SW broadcasters calling it quits, and all
the paid religious broadcasts all over the spectrum.

I'm on Long Island, so I can't give specific advice as to what's
hearable in SF. There are websites that list current english language
shortwave broadcasts.

http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/

You can still hear BBC, it just takes a little more work. Also Radio
Canada, Deutsche Welle, France, Romania, etc. And the ubiquitous China
Radio.

Art Harris