Old June 5th 09, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dale Parfitt[_3_] Dale Parfitt[_3_] is offline

Default Using Tuner to Determine Line Input Impedance

"dykesc" wrote in message
On Jun 4, 4:33 pm, Owen Duffy wrote:

I have thought about this in the past, mainly the prospect of a relay
switched autotuner that reported a calculated load Z based on the found
matching solution, but I concluded that it was not likely to be of
reasonable accuracy over the tuner range.

Probably would be as accurate as any other gear we can afford Owen.
I'm going to suggest that MFJ make that a feature on an auto tuner. I
don't live to far from their headquarters in Starkville, MS. I have a
son going to Mississipi State there and have never been to their
facility. This will make a good topic of conversation.

Unless they can find someone elses to copy, it won't happen.

Dale W4OP