Old October 19th 03, 03:01 PM
Leon Heller

David Forsyth wrote:

Hi all,

I recently became interested in trying to build a small two-tube regen type
receiver for broadcast and/or shortwave reception. I designed a simple
chassis based on some vintage articles on the subject. This is the classic
'metal box with attched front faceplate' design. I was going to use
cold-rolled steel since we have this at work and spot weld the face to the
main chassis, but then I got to thinking that perhaps the steel might
interfere with the coils.

Nothing wrong with steel. Altoid mint tin-plated steel boxes are very
popular for QRP projects, and tin-plated boxes are often used for
screening on commercial RF PCBs.

73, Leon