Old June 7th 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Brian Reay Brian Reay is offline

Default FS: Hoffman RT159A

I've a Hoffman RT-159A / URC-4 for sale.

Pics of this type of unit he

http://www.eetindia.co.in/ART_880055...A_87563c7c.HTM

This is an emergency tx/rx designed to work on the VHF and UHF emergency
frequencies. The sort of thing which a "downed" pilot work use to contact
SAR aircraft.

It has telescopic antennas which extend and "fold out" to form a T shaped
dipole.

Buttons etc. move OK, as does the antenna.

Unit only- no battery module.

Cosmetic Condition is fair- paint is a bit scratched etc but internals are
clean and seem "untouched". Circuit is printed inside cover. Not the sort
of thing you can test so I can't be sure if it works. Really a collectors
item, rather than something to use.

Offers please, plus postage at cost (I'd imagine £10+ to post but I may be
able to get it into your area (UK) for you to collect if you aren't in a
hurry for it! UK only please- this item is quite heavy.

Email address on my website.

--
73
Brian G8OSN/W8OSN