Old June 7th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Just Plain Burr Just Plain Burr is offline

Default DXing with the Drake

Using the SW8 tonight to DX with my eaves long wire, working well. I can
compare it with the Sat 800. Looks like I better check the Sat 800 long wire
tomorrow. I think it may have a small limb on it. Takes a little thinking to
tune the Drake after using the 800 so much.

I have a double yo-yo hung in the eaves and it does not work as well as the
Longwire-L-Sloping. I have some copper wire and I need to hang some flower
pots up there so maybe I'll put it up with a east/west. Can't get a slope
but I will work in some "L".

Doing the BBC & RCI great. I can move my tap over to the long wire but I
think it has a high ground.

Guess I'll go to bed and worry about it tomorrow.

--
Burr
Big, Lean, Mean and Clean