Old June 7th 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] gj1kc2@netzero.com is offline

Default OT What TV Shows Do You Watch?

On Jun 6, 2:30*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*BCBlazysusan wrote:
I always wanted to start this thread in here. What are your favorite
television shows? Are there shows you watch that you just can't wait
till they come on the following week? Too make sure you don't miss
them, do you set your DVR maybe?

I'll start.

My favorite show for the last three years is "Deadliest Catch." If I
didn't have a bum back at times I would try anything to get on one of
those boats, preferably either The Time Bandit or the Cornelia Marie
just once to say I did it. I had no idea the danger catching those
crab presented for the skipper and crew. From the time they off load
those crabs within hours they are sitting on someones plate.
Incredible IMO.

The king crab season is now over and what they are showing now was
taped in January, the Ophelia Crab season which is even more dangerous
than the king crab season. Never had crab, almost makes me want to try
it just because I now know everything those guys go through.

My second favorite show, which surprised me, is Diners-Drive Inns and
Dives on the food channel. That is the only show I watch that I notice
I am smiling through the entire show.

Third would be Ice Road Truckers followed closely by the MSBC shows
called "Lockup"....self explanatory. Last but not least, anything to
do with the UFC, I love that stuff, watch every PPV I can.

I hope others share their favorites, this could actually be a good
thread for a change instead of Mike messing it up. Dave/Charlie/SC/BA
(I don't think you see what we see) Steve/Telamon/RHF/BDK and others
please feel free.:-)

I have not owned a TV for decades. Most of what is on is lame. I have
seen clips of shows on the web and I see things have not changed over
the years. I would rather spend my time doing something else.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

I certainly understand your thinking behind that. It seems I only
watch four to five shows regularly, the rest I can leave it. But there
are some, like the ones I noted, are extremely intriguing to me for
some reason.